The Elysian Apartments are an amazing place to live, just a ten minute walk from the University of Minnesota with a bus stop right out front. The Elysian is a community that cannot be beat, offering an onsite property manager, top of the line amenities, and resident events that will make you feel included. We hope you find the information below helpful and we can’t wait to help you in the leasing process.
- Lease: Legal contract you sign before you move into your apartment.
- Tenant/ Resident: The person who lives in the room or the apartment.
- Property Manager: The person who takes care of the room or apartment.
- Sublease/ Change of Parties: When you find someone to move into your apartment to take your place.
- Roommate: You have the option of sharing your room with a roommate. Our two-bedroom units may house up to four people and our three-bedroom units may house up to five people.
- Application Process: This is the first step to live at The Elysian. You need to fill out basic background information to be approved as a future resident.
Submit the application. Once approved, you will put down the security deposit then sign the lease (legal contract). This means you promise to live here until your lease has ended and if you are unable to do so, you will find someone to take it over.
The lease states...
- How many months you will live in your apartment and the amount of rent for each month.
- What you can and cannot do in the apartment.
- Who can and cannot stay in the apartment with you.
- What problems we can fix and what you need to fix on your own.
Benefits of living at the Elysian
We are fully furnished so you don’t have to do deal with the stress of moving furniture. Each unit has a full kitchen with stainless steel appliances and bar stools for the island. The living room includes a sofa, coffee table, entertainment center, chair, and flatscreen TV, with cable and internet included. Each bedroom comes with an extra long full bed (sheets can be found at Bed, Bath & Beyond or on Amazon), a desk, and a two drawer dresser. Also, laundry is easy with built in washer and dryers in your apartment!
We are a quick 10 minute walk to The Univerisity of Minnesota. Located on 4th St SE and 8th Ave SE. Bike racks are also available in the heated, underground parking garage. More public information can be found at the Metro Transit website www.metrotransit.org.
Rooms for rent
Moving to a new city can be hard when trying to keep rent low and not knowing anyone in the area. We offer private leases for single bedrooms within some of our apartments meaning you don’t have to share a room with a stranger!